Care for Your Loved One. A Respite for You.
At Nascentia Health, we understand that caregivers need a respite to have time for themselves and their many other responsibilities outside of caregiving. When your loved ones are participants in the social day program, your can rest assured knowing your loved one is being cared for in a safe, socially stimulating environment.
Note: Our social day program is currently closed.
Nascentia Health’s eldercare adult social day program offers a safe and protective home-like setting outside of the home. Consistent, therapeutic programs and approaches provide a variety of health, social and supportive services. Activities are structured and include discussion of current events, arts and crafts, exercise, games, meals and snacks.
- Decreased incidence of incontinence & skin breakdown
- Family counseling and support
- Personal care and showers
- Increased confidence & feelings of self-worth
- Increased mobility
- Opportunities for friendship & companionship
- Opportunities for creative expression through music, arts and crafts
- Reduced incidence of agitation/challenging behavior
- Supervision and monitoring
To create an environment that’s both safe and fulfilling for all participants, the following criteria must be met by prospective participants:
- Must be able to benefit from the program
- Must be able to remain safe while attending the program
- Must be able to be redirected
- Must be able to stand with the assistance of one to transfer to a chair or toilet
- Must have manageable incontinence
- Must attend a minimum of one day each week
- Must be present for lunch each day they attend the program
Eldercare Adult Social Day Typical Daily Schedule:
- 7:30-8:30: Arrival / TV News
- 8:30-9:30: Coffee & Toast / Schedule for the Day / Newspaper Highlights
- 9:30-10:00: Morning Exercise
- 10:00-10:30: Juice Break / Conversation
- 10:30-11:20: Arts & Crafts / Trivia
- 11:20-11:40: Preparing for Lunch
- 11:40-1:00: Lunch
- 1:00-1:30: Music Relaxation / Conversation / Reading
- 1:30-2:30: Afternoon Activity 1
- 2:30-3:00: Afternoon Snack / Conversation
- 3:00-4:00: Afternoon Activity 2 – Games / Word Games
- 4:00-5:00: Music / DVD / TV / Conversation
Medications are self-administered under the supervision of our trained staff. Special diets may be available, and dietary needs should be discussed with the director or nurse supervisor. Program aides provide assistance with toileting, showers, walking and eating if necessary, and the entire program site is handicap accessible. Participants will enjoy educational programs, exercise, socialization and other entertainment opportunities. They will also get the care they need, with medication regimen reminders, personal care assistance, and nutritious lunch and snacks provided.